Monday, 6 November 2017

Inspirational Coasters

Hi everyone! Leslie here to share a Mixed Up Merchandise DT inspiration project with you today, an awesome set of inspirational coasters I created using 50s Ladies and Enjoy Your Thoughts Words Mixed Up Merchandise Printables! OMG, these were a blast!


These are slate coasters and were gray in color so I started out by coating them with a couple coats of black gesso.


I stenciled a harlequin pattern on each coaster with white acrylic paint, a pouncing stick and The Crafter's Workshop Mini Harlequin stencil.


Now, I have to apologize because none of the rest of my tutorial photos were captured. Not sure what happened but I didn't realize it until I was completely finished with the coasters. But the rest of the process is fairly simple and straight-forward, and I know you won't have any problems following along!

I re-sized and printed four separate images from the 50s Ladies Printables (the lady holding the bouquet, on the bottom right of the contact sheet) on white cardstock, colored them with Spectrum Noir markers in teal, green, yellow and pink, and fussy cut them. I adhered one to the left side of each coaster with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.


I chose four simple inspirational sentiments from the Enjoy Your Thoughts Words Printables, trimmed them down, and adhered one to each coaster with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.


Using my finger, I 'painted' the rough edges of each coaster with silver acrylic paint and let them all dry. The final step for the front of each coaster was several coats of Ranger Multi Medium Matte to seal them well. 





And finally, I just have to share this really cool rubber stamp I got a couple months ago to stamp the back of all my cards. It has a QC Code of my blog's URL along with my name, email and blog. I stamped this four times on a large Avery label in black ink, trimmed them, and affixed one to the back of each coaster with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.


I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s project! Be sure to check out all the fun stamps and other goodies at the Mixed Up Merchandise store! Thanks so much for stopping by today – we’ll see you next time!

Scrappy hugs,





Blog: https://lovetoscrap2.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/leslie.b.turner
Instagram: www.instagram.com/lbturner58
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/leslieturner58
Twitter: twitter.com/lbturner58

1 comment:

  1. truly lovely, i adore the retro look in art and crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me and my team - thank you x